Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Sunday


Books on the Banks is a yearly book fare in Cincinnati, OH. This year it was held on Oct 20th. I haven't seen a date for next year but will post it once I find out. There was one author of interest to me. Her name is Rae Carson and she has written The Girl of Fire and Thorns series. She is currently on tour to promote book 2. Book 3 is due out sometime next year. I'm not able to comment on the books as I have not read them yet, but they were recommended by Carol, who has not steered us wrong. I don't mind reading a series that is incomplete as it's fun to be in on "the ground floor" (Brooke needs to get on board :) )When authors have a new book coming out, the publisher will have them travel to promote the book. It's fun to talk with them, get the book signed and get a picture taken. Sometimes they have goodies like buttons and bookmarks that match the book. The goodies are called "swag". That's all for now. Have a great sunday. Warning: full moon tomorrow peeps!!! More info to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment